Monday, October 24, 2011

National Novel Writing Month 2

Well, folks, I know you just saw a post about this, and it was perfectly sufficient to tell you about it and let you know what National Novel Writing Month is and how it works...but let's face it, everything these days needs a sequel. And in the popular tradition of the same people who made the first one don't always do the sequel, here's mine.

Yes, National Novel Writing Month is right around the corner, it is a challenge for "a month of literary abandon" where you are put the to the test. You have to write a novel of 50,000 words or more in the period of one month. Exciting? Yes. Possible? Yes. And I have been thinking about signing up for it, and I will know by the end of this week if I will or not, depending on how my hunt for employment goes this week.

My idea is a little different, it's called "The Woods" and it is about a small town in rural, southern America, where a group of four kids (Rudy, Mia, James and Kyle) end up stumbling on woods that are not quite normal. They, the sheriff, (named Tanner) and two older siblings of the characters, (Brad and Grace) all end up in the twisted events that are originating from the woods. I've got just a few things planned for it and those are really scant, but that's half the fun.

So that's my idea if I end up being able to participate. Now, which of you out there is willing to take the challenge as well? If you are, leave us a comment and let us know, we'd be glad to have some more participating.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read your novel! I can't wait to read mine, either...:-P

    ReplyDelete